Newmains Community Trust was established as part of the community regeneration programme within Newmains with funding provided by the Big Lottery. The funding provided a purpose-built community centre (NCT Centre) which was completed in June 2015. The NCT Centre is a community owned facility, managed by Newmains Community Trust and is built to modern standards for environment and access containing:
· A community café for use by all focusing of quality and healthy food
· A commercial standard kitchen to serve the café and provide catering facilities
· A main hall, badminton hall size, to serve as a sport, recreation, and social venue
· Meeting rooms for use by clubs and organisations for their activities
· Dedicated youth space for young people and young people focused activities.
In addition, through partnership working with North Lanarkshire Council the NCT Centre is the home for Newmains Library.
We are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator with a sound understanding of supporting people with Dementia and their Carers who can tackle the challenge of taking an existing project and moving it forward.
Working with the Development Manager, the Dementia Project Coordinator will be responsible for re-designing the next phase of project to allow us to support people in these ever-changing times. The role will require you to be part of securing funding and designing future activities to be sustainable.
The post holder should be a dynamic person capable of working in harmony with a staff team and a Board of Trustees. We are looking for someone with good communication skills and experience of Community Capacity Building, to work with the team and local partners to develop and deliver the project to support people living with dementia and their Carers in the Centre and at home during pandemic situations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Where required set up meetings with Carers and families to help them access services and activities within the project.
· Liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including Trustees and representatives of existing and potential client groups, funders and other key stakeholders.
· Make links with the community to ascertain needs and gaps in activities and services are in line with the proposal and are fit for purpose for people with dementia and their Carers.
· Effective use of media, printed literature, website and other communication tools.
· Work closely with the Development Manager to develop a meaningful programme of activity that can be delivered in house or online/in the community.
· Conduct appropriate monitoring and evaluation to obtain and act on regular feedback from project users.
· Prepare regular reports for the Trustee Board and attend Trustee and Open meetings as required.
· Contribute to the Development Manager’s reports to funders.
· Developing and maintaining referral pathways through partnership working.
· Oversee the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers, taking particular account of personal development plans and portfolios.
· Co-ordinate Volunteers, to deliver services within the NCT Centre and online/in the community.
· Provide support and supervision to volunteers implementing NCT centre policies and procedures.
Decisions and Judgments
· Required to work largely autonomously to develop and deliver activities and services, but with the requirement to work with the Development Manager to ensure the project meets the outcomes agreed with funders.
· Responsible for sourcing, developing, allocating and co-ordinating resources and budgets for project development.
· Analyse and interpret data to contribute to the development of strategies, proposals and action plans for effective programmes.
· Effective problem-solving abilities.
· Initiate independent evaluations and prepare evaluation reports.
· The management and delegation of work to project volunteers.
Knowledge, Training and Experience required to do the Job
· Formal qualification: Community Development or at least 2 years’ experience of working in voluntary field or a relevant related discipline
· Good knowledge of the challenges and issues facing people living with dementia and their Carers.
· Experience and knowledge of working in a person-centred manner.
· Partnership working, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
· Project Management skills.
· Training, facilitation, and group work skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Needs assessment knowledge and skills.
· Monitoring/Evaluation/Research knowledge and skills.
· Knowledge and experience of Community Capacity Building.
· IT skills.
· Budget management skills, understanding of full cost recovery.
· Current driving licence.
Demands of the Job
· Organising meetings, events and consultations for people with dementia and their Carers.
· Out of office hours working.
· Presentation/public speaking skills, especially online.
· Confident liaising with people in the Centre and ensuring safe working procedures are Carried out.
· Organising and balancing a substantial number of commitments and a variety of tasks
· High levels of self- motivation and positive approach required.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Enhanced computer skills, literate in computer packages including Word, Excel Access Publisher
The above duties and responsibilities are intended to represent current priorities and are not meant to be a conclusive list. The post holder may from time to time be asked to undertake other reasonable duties. Any changes will be made in discussion with the post holder in the light of service needs.
Please note: This post is funded on a part-time contract, however there is scope to increase this depending on funding.
Application deadline: 23/10/2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £8,736.00 per year
NCT have procedures to allow staff to work from home during pandemic situations. Remote working and flexible working will be used when required. PPE provided when required.